Acceptable Use PolicyBack Home
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2022
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “AUP”) is but one part of our larger Terms of Service. All terms used in this AUP have the same meaning as in the Terms of Service.
Our AUP highlights material, content, behaviors, and activities (“Uses”) that are prohibited in the Services offered by Patmos Hosting, Inc. This is not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list, and any omission from this AUP does not constitute affirmative approval or permission to engage in such unnamed Uses. We reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary to correct or remediate any Uses, whether defined herein or not.
Violations of this AUP are taken seriously and will be investigated by Patmos and, as necessary, referred to law enforcement authorities. The terms of this AUP apply to anyone using your Account, whether or not you have authorized their activity. As such, we strongly encourage you to strictly enforce internal security policies, such as strong passwords. In addition to activity on your Account, the actions of your End Users are also subject to this AUP. This means that you are responsible for the behavior of your End Users and User Content that they may contribute. We encourage you to regularly review all User Content and to apply sensible moderation policies on all content submitted by End Users. You are responsible for ensuring that your End Users are aware of and abide by this AUP.
We reserve the right to modify this AUP at any time. Any such changes will be effective upon being posted to our Website, whether or not any additional notifications have been sent.
For all Uses listed below, storage, transmission, and distribution are all considered. This means that even Uses which are not publicly visible, for example via a public website or FTP server, are governed by this AUP. The following are prohibited Uses of our Services.
- Unlawful or abusive purposes. This applies to all laws and regulations including, without limitation, all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, privacy, data protection, the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, the use or provision of financial services, notification and consumer protection, unfair competition, and false advertising.
- Fraudulent activity. You may not use our Services for any activity that is intended to defraud one or more persons or groups. This includes, without limitation, selling or marketing of fraudulent or counterfeit products, conducting fraudulent financial transactions, selling services without the intent to perform them in good faith, marketing or executing Ponzi or pyramid schemes, representing yourself to be another person or entity (impersonation), or refusing to make refund as required by law.
- Violation of intellectual property. You must not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of Patmos or any third party. This includes the unauthorized use of logos, trademarks, or other identifying information; the unauthorized dissemination of software, audio, or video in any form or combination (piracy); and the unauthorized publication of any material to which you do not own the copyright.
- Pornography. Pornography of any type is not allowed on any of our Services, whether considered legal or illegal. Illegal pornography will be immediately reported to law enforcement.
- Sending spam or bulk unsolicited messages. You may not use our Services to send any material that would commonly be considered spam. This includes running any marketing mailing lists to which users have not opted-in.
- Network interference, cyber attacks. You may not use our Services to attempt to interfere with, disrupt, or attack any service or network, whether on our network or an external network. Anything that could reasonably be considered a cyber attack is prohibited, including flooding, denial-of-service attacks, or using bots or scripts to generate spam submissions to internal or external networks.
- Hacking or reverse engineering. You may not use our Services to mask or otherwise conduct hacking attempts on any network, internal or external. You may not attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source.
- Harmful software. Our Services must not be used to create, distribute, or enable material that is, facilitates, or operates in conjunction with, malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code.
- Storing unsafe code. Any code that we believe to be unsafe or infected with a virus or other malicious content, regardless of its source, may be deleted or quarantined by us if there is a chance that such code poses a risk to our Services or Customers.
- Freeriding. It is not permitted to take any action in an attempt to avoid paying for Services. This includes, but is not limited to, using multiple trial Accounts or providing fraudulent payment information.
- Cryptocurrency mining. You may not engage in the mining of any cryptocurrencies without express written authorization from us. Such authorization will be granted only for select Services.
- Failing to maintain backups. Patmos is not liable or responsible for ensuring the integrity of User Content. Failure to maintain off-site backups to protect your critical data is a violation of this AUP. To the extent that you do not backup your data, you warrant that such data is not critical and that loss of that data is tolerable.
- Operation of network services that would violate other aspects of this AUP. The operation of any network services that would or might result in the violation of this AUP are prohibited. This includes using our Services to provide an open mail relay, an open proxy, or to provide Tor services, including as a Tor exit node.
- Excessive use of shared resources. Any use of our system or network resources which impairs the use of the system or network by other users is strictly prohibited.